BEST MATTRESS FOR HEAVY PEOPLE
Heavy people need a mattress that can provide the best and the most satisfying sleep experience. We have selected the top rated and praised mattresses that offer a great experience to larger than average persons.
WINKBEDS PLUS #1
WinkBeds Plus mattress is designed with innerspring and is made specifically for heavy people. It suits heavy side and back sleepers well.
- Made with innerspring specifically for heavy sleepers.
- Foam on top for a plush feel and relieving pressure points.
- It is made in the USA, shipped in a box and features a lifetime warranty and free shipping.
Casper has been rated as the best mattress for heavy people. people over 200 lbs can enjoy the comfort provided by this mattress.
- Casper Mattress is specifically designed to move your body heat away by convection and conduction through open-cell top layer.
- Memory foam leverages airflow to extract heat from your body leaving you cool and comfortable
- High density - Pressure relief memory foam support pressure points leaving you well rested.
Purple is among the best mattresses voted for support to heavy people. It has received a lot of positive reviews when it comes to support and comfort of heavy sleepers.
- Purple Mattress distributes equalized pressure and supports proper spine alignment.
- Built with 2 layers of Certified polyurethane foam combined with the smart-comfort grid system for exceptional support.
- Excellent airflow due to breathable channels that neutralize the temperature and keep you cool all night.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Mattress for Heavy People
When choosing a mattress designed for heavy people, we have to define what heavy is. What weight is considered heavy? In most cases, the mattress companies have designated anyone over 200 lbs as heavy weight. While this number is debatable, it is a good number to work with since majority of people lie below this number. Now let's touch what you need to look for to get the best mattress if you are a heavy person.
The rule of the thumb is that you go with the low quality and you will get what you pay for. For example sagging which results in the most uncomfortable sleep. Also low quality materials do not last. You will find yourself replacing the mattress in 2-3 years while if you bought the one with high-quality materials, it could have lasted up to 10 years. Sometimes cheap is expensive considering how many times you will buy the mattress.
For a goodnight sleep, on average heavy people require medium to medium firm mattress. The more weight you have the more sinkage you will have. If you are overly heavy weight, it is recommended that you go with a firmer mattress, say 7-8 on a firmness scale.
A 10-inch mattress can be enough and comfortable for a lighter person while uncomfortable for a heavy person. To avoid the deep compression due to heavy weight, it is recommended that you go with a thicker mattress say 12 inches or thicker.
The worst nightmare is to sleep on a mattress that is hot throughout the night. All that sweating will make you night uncomfortable. When choosing a mattress if you are a heavy person, choose one that has latex and innerspring. These 2 tend to sleep cooler and a hybrid mattress of this 2 can be a perfect choice.